At Biggs Construction INC, we are new home builders in Greenville, NC who have been building custom, quality homes in Eastern NC for over 20 years. If you are interested in building your dream home, you can contact us for a free consultation, face-to-face, the old-fashioned way.
There are a number of steps when it comes to building a home, but we’d like to cover the major ones with you. As new home builders, we are experts in all of the steps, and we are here to help guide you through the whole home building process. Here are some of the major steps in building in a home:
- First, you’ll need to speak with your bank or a loan organization to see what kind of loan you can qualify for. This is important to do first so that you know your budget when you begin to choose land and a floor plan for your home.
- Next, you’ll want to find a plot of land for your home. This will be a part of your budget for your home, so the more you spend on your plot, the less you can spend on your actual home, and vice versa. You’ll likely use a realtor to help you with this part of the home building process.
- For your third step, you’ll want to contact us at Biggs Construction, your local new home builders. We can go over your budget with you and discuss options for floor plans.
- Once we have a floor plan picked out, we’ll refer to you for a number of other choices throughout the home building process, such as countertops, cabinets, flooring, and paint color.
- Once we begin to build your home, we’ll first level and prepare the land. Next, comes the foundation of the home, and then the frame. From there, electrical and HVAC will be installed, as well as the doors and windows. Before you know it, you’ll have sheet rock and a roof.
- Once the main structure of the home has been built, that’s when we get to work on the details of the inside of the house like floors, countertops, and cabinets.
- Once your home is finished, it will need to pass final inspection, and then the closing process will begin with your bank.
There are a lot of steps, big and small, to the home building process, and we’d like to be there for all of them. So, please give us a call at Biggs Construction in Greenville, NC when you’re ready to build your new home.